Let me begin by saying I did have a really cool idea. I wanted to make a documentary, and I had everything perfectly planned out, until I realized I have no access to a video camera. After I tossed out that project, it was becoming increasingly hard to come up with a good plan. I tried becoming a vegetarian, but my parents said no. I tried raising baby ducks, but my dad said no. I tried maybe building something, but my dad said no. I tried a bunch of other stuff but, guess what, my dad said no. He wanted me to study the growth of grass. GRASS. : / And I said no.
He thinks he's such a comedian. Ha Ha Ha.
In the end, he came up with this really great idea. When he was a kid, he used to build models of things like cars or planes, which I guess is neat if you're a boy...with no life. But at this point I was desperate. I went to two hobby shops in the Waterford area, and the second one I visited, RC Hobbies, had just what I wanted. I went for the model boat section, because that seemed to be the least lame. All they really had, though, was war ships or barges. Yay... guns and garbage. After about a half hour of looking around, i found the perfect boat!
It was supposed to be a model of a famous Finnish Ferry called the FinnJet. Since I get to not only put it together, but I get to paint it, I was thinking 'AWESOME! I COULD MAKE IT A CRUISE SHIP!!!' which is way cooler than an aircraft carrier or an ocean explorere vessel. I plan on spending this week reading over the directions because there are A TON, and lots of little tiny pieces i have to become familiar with first, because there are no back ups. I'm also taking pictures along the way to prove I am seriously going to build this thing, so no one should have any doubts. So with that, all I have to say is Bon Voyage, Landlovers!
No comments:
Post a Comment